The Diocese of Baton Rouge Child Nutrition Program offers you a chance to become a team member in school nutrition. You can be trained for a variety of job duties, such as preparing and serving food, operating a computer at meal service or becoming a café manager.
We follow the Louisiana Department of Education’s Child Nutrition Program. This program is funded through the development of a comprehensive training program for school café workers. In 1996-97, through a USDA Team Nutrition Grant, all units were viewed and revised as needed. The training program consists of three phases: Phase I, Phase II and Phase III.
The Child Nutrition Program participates in this training program. We offer Phase I and II training classes at the Child Nutrition Program’s central office. These classes are conducted by Karen Long; a full-time certified manager who has a B.S. degree in Food and Nutrition from LSU.
All Child Nutrition team members must take Phase I, which includes:
- 20 units (script and videotapes) that were developed as part of these projects
- 13 additional units (script and videotapes) on Culinary Techniques for Healthy School Meals
Team members who desire to advance into management, must take a final examination after completion of the Phase I class. A score of 80 or above must be achieved before being able to participate in the Phase II class.
Phase II of the Manager Training Program consists of:
- 22 units that describe the additional responsibilities of the manager. These units include printed materials only.
After completion of Phase II training, each student must take a final examination at the local level and pass with a score of 80 or above before being able to participate in the Phase III class.
Phase III, the final phase of the Manager Training Program, is administered by the Louisiana Department of Education. After completion of the Phase III training, the students must participate in and pass a state Phase III examination with a score of 75 or above. Upon successful completion of Phase I, Phase II and Phase III, students are issued certificates and manager certification cards. The newly trained managers are then assigned to schools as needed.
The Diocese of Baton Rouge Child Nutrition Program is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability.
To apply for a position:
1) Mail or Fax: Print the application form (Employee EAPPS Application) is under the first column (Certification), complete it (you can type in the form) and return by mail to the address below or fax it to (225) 387-1413:
Child Nutrition Program
3300 Hundred Oaks Ave.
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
2) Email: Complete the application, save it as a PDF file on your computer and submit it via email as an attachment.
3) In Person: Applications are accepted in person at the CNP Central office located at:
Robert E. Tracy Center, Suite 100
3300 Hundred Oaks Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Tuesday-Thursday from 8am -1pm
Click here for driving directions and map